Warning Signs to Replace Windows in Your Ottawa Home
If you have noticed hot and cold spots in your home, or feel drafts in certain rooms, your windows may be trying to tell you something. Particularly if you live in an older home, you may find that your windows are not working as efficiently as they once did. That’s because all windows – even those that have been well maintained – will succumb to time and weather eventually. Many homeowners will try to hold off as long as possible before replacing their windows as it can be a significant investment. However, it is important to weigh the short-term cost against the long-term benefits. Changing your windows now can prevent unnecessary energy loss and high utility bills in the near future, so don’t wait too long before making the decision on window replacement for your Ottawa home.
How will you know when it’s time to replace your windows? There will be some obvious warning signs, while others may not be so easily evident.
- They are damaged, warped, or broken.
- You have noticed rising energy bills due to air leaks.
- You have decided to undergo a home renovation project and require a more comfortable interior. You should also consider enabling improved airflow throughout your home.
- Depending on where you live, you may have damaged windows due to severe weather events.
- You are feeling drafts in and around your home.
- You have a hard time opening and closing your windows.
- There is no way to keep your window open.
- Your windows don’t lock securely.
- You have noticed condensation on the inside of your windows.
Request a Free Estimate for Replacement Windows in Ottawa
Whether you require replacement windows for your new build construction home, or you are hoping to lower your energy consumption and environmental footprint, Canadian Comfort Windows & Doors is here to help. We carry an extensive variety of durable and energy efficient windows to accommodate any style and all requirements for your windows in Ottawa, including:
- Picture fixed (panoramic view, non-operative)
- Double-hung tilt (both sashes tilt in for easy cleaning)
- Hopper (bottom-hinged window; opens inward)
- Double slider tilt-in (left or right-side ventilation)
- Casement (cranks open 90° for easy cleaning; multi-point locks for security)
- And much more!
Contact Canadian Comfort Windows & Doors to learn more about our replacement windows in Ottawa and reliable installation services. Call us today at 613-717-9387 to request a free quote.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V.
Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Canadian Comfort.