Get Ready for Winter with New Windows
As the autumn nights get cooler, it’s time to start thinking about preparing your Ottawa home for the cold winter season. Packing up your patio furniture, covering up your BBQ, weather stripping your front and patio door; these are some essential steps that we are all too familiar with. But have you given any thought to the condition of your windows? According to Natural Resources Canada, windows and doors can account for up to 25% of your home’s total heat loss. Replacing old, weathered windows is a wise choice if you want to increase your home’s energy efficiency and enjoy optimal home comfort as the freezing temperatures set in.
How can you tell if your windows need to be replaced? Knowing what to look for before embarking on this expensive project can help ensure you are making the right decision rather than spending unnecessary costs on window replacements.
When Is It Time to Consider Investing in New Windows?
Here are 10 common signs that can help you recognize when you need to change your windows:
- You struggle to open and close your windows.
- You can feel drafts coming in around the window.
- There are chips in the glass and water stains on or around the window.
- If you have single pane windows, it’s likely that your house was built in the 70s and the windows have never been replaced. These windows are drafty and can be unsafe, which is why they should be replaced with double, or triple pane glass windows.
- It is difficult to clean your windows.
- You have a hard time finding replacement parts.
- Your energy costs are increasing. If you have old and worn windows, it’s possible that they are lacking in insulation or have not been fitted properly, which may force your HVAC system to work twice as hard to keep your home comfortable.
- Are you hearing outside noise when your windows are closed? This is a sign that they are not providing sufficient acoustic insulation.
- If you have noticed that your carpet, furniture or window treatments have faded, your windows are not properly coated, which is causing the UV rays to enter your home.
- Your windows look bad. If you plan to sell your home in the near future, remember that curb appeal can help increase your home’s resale value.
Window Replacement in Ottawa
Do you wish your windows provided higher efficiency and indoor comfort? Canadian Comfort Windows & Doors can help deliver aesthetic features and the energy savings you want and expect from new windows. We have installed thousands of doors and windows across Ottawa in the span of 45 years, which means we have the expertise and capacity to take on both small and large window replacement projects. We offer some of the best products on the market, as well as outstanding service and competitive prices. Whether you are renovating your home or have purchased a new construction home, you can trust us to deliver professional and clean installation services on time, every time.
Contact Canadian Comfort Windows & Doors today at 613-717-9387 for energy-saving windows in Ottawa. You can also book an appointment online for a free in-home estimate.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V.
Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Canadian Comfort.