WHAT’S A CASEMENT WINDOW?
Casement windows hinge at the side and open outward to the left or right. Unlike double-hung windows that tilt open horizontally, casement windows open vertically like a door. Furthermore, casement windows are equipped with handles to open and close them. This makes these windows accessible and easy to use for individuals with limited mobility.
YOUR WINDOW COMPANY SERVICING THE OTTAWA REGION
WHAT MAKES OUR CASEMENT WINDOWS UNIQUE IN OTTAWA
At Canadian Comfort Windows & Doors, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with top-quality products. Consequently, here are some of the features that make our casement vinyl windows stand out:
- Four-point fusion-welded frame and sash for increased strength and precision.
- Triple-seal weatherstrip to keep out air and water.
- Large multi-chamber sashes and frames for superior strength and insulation.
- 7/8″ insulated glass with silicone foam and a dual-seal design.
- Super Spacer® Warm Edge technology to prevent heat loss.
- Removable screens.
- Optional fold-away handle.
We encourage you to visit our showroom and speak with our friendly and experienced staff about the customization options available. We also have several ongoing promotions to help you make the most of your renovation budget.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF CASEMENT WINDOWS
Casement windows are among the most popular windows on the market because of their many benefits. Here are four reasons to choose casement windows for your home.
1. They provide good ventilation. Unlike double-hung and sliding windows that only open partially, casement windows open a full 90 degrees. This allows for much better airflow. In addition, casement windows have an open sash that directs breezes into your home.
2. They offer unobstructed views. Casement windows have little to no decorative features or muntins. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about strips of vinyl, metal, fibreglass or wood obstructing your view of the outdoors.
3. They provide superior security. If you want added protection and peace of mind, casement windows are a great choice. They have hook-shaped casement locks embedded into the frame, which prevents them from being tampered with or pried open from the outside.
4. They’re energy-efficient. Casement windows generally feature double- or triple-pane glass, which drastically reduces heat loss and prevents condensation and ice buildup. They also have a triple-seal weatherstrip that tightly encases the window on all four sides to minimize drafts.
If you’re looking to replace the windows in your home, our vinyl casement windows come in a wide range of styles, colours and finishes to suit your needs.